Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Long Overdue

I'll just jump right in because there's so much to cover.

Longhorns:
Disappointing the last two weeks. But at least I can make fun of my Aggie coworkers for at least a few more years of coach Fran mediocrity.
I hope Colt heals to where he's 100% for the bowl game. FIRE GREG DAVIS!! Okay, I didn't watch the whole game so I can't speak for the entirety, but how can our offense score only 7 points against that defense? It all started on that horrible call on fourth-and-short at the end of our first drive. Why in the world would you run Melton off-tackle or stretch like that? You've got three big men in the middle of the line and a lineman at running back and you run that play? Maybe with Jamal Charles and a pulling guard, but certainly not Melton. That gave the boys in maroon hope, and that little sliver was all they needed to think they could play with us. And we couldn't stop the option.
And I don't mean to bust or hate on Gene Chizik, but if he's this big defensive guru, how come our secondary was a train wreck all year with Sportscenter DBs? I guess it all comes down to the CEO, er, head coach.
I think Bob Stoops at OU should be Big XII Coach of the Year and in the running for national awards.

House:
The last three weekends before Thanksgiving were full of yardwork in the back. There's still a lot left to do, but it's looking a lot more manageable. Just several more bushes and small trees that need dug up. Sheesh.
Saturday was a busy day. Put up the tree. Hung the outside lights. Trimmed the oak tree in the front. Washed the cars. Put some stuff up in the attic. Hung two shelves in M's room. C organized the garage.

Work:
It's going okay. TNG (The New Guy) is slowly improving and desire to improve and be the best he can be. Things are crazy busy right now with the end of the month hitting us. There are so many things I need/want to get to, but can't right now because TNG isn't ready. That's a little frustrating. The thing that complicates all of this is when Sadie is born, because I'll take 5-7 days off for paternity leave and I'll need someone to cover my remaining three duties while I'm gone.

Weather:
There's nothing like Spring in November, is there? There's supposedly a norther coming in tomorrow night that'll give us 50s for the highs...until Tuesday. I feel sorry for M and S. We got snow once every ten years up in Fort Worth. And since we had snow on Valentine's '04, they'll be nine and seven and then 19 and 17 the next two times it snows. Poor girls.

Thanksgiving:
It went well. The 4-hour drive to Fort Worth was quite bearable. M did very well. Kudos to C for thinking of some park time before the ride began. C had hyped up the trip to Uncle N's and his dogs and cats to the point that when M awoke when we arrived, with her eyes barely open she said "Un-sa Nay-Nay. Doggies." with as much energy as she could muster. Nana, Pop-Pop, MaMá and Aunt B arrived about 90 minutes after we did. We had a very pleasant time visiting with everyone in large part because there wasn't the looming anxiety about Papa W.
We had a good time, and an even better night's rest, at Grandma and Opa's. We went to the park three times. We even saw Aunt C, Uncle S and Cousin D right before they left, so that was nice.
We only got to spend an hour with Grampa over his lunch break, but it was still good to see him.
The trip back home was quick and fun. M didn't fall asleep until after Belton, mainly because she kept herself awake hoping to see Christmas lights as we went along. She'd say "More Pitmas" after a while of not seeing them.

M:
A lot of her latest cute things I've mentioned. She continues to string together words to form small sentences and she tries to say almost any word you give her, including gangsta--she was walking around the kitchen with one pant leg hiked up.
Eating continues to be a challenge, but we might have stumbled onto something tonight: give her a choice between the meal or something she dislikes more and she'll choose the meal. We'll keep trying that one to see if it works.
I think she is really starting to get the whole S thing because, not only does she go in the nursery and point to things and say "S's", but she's getting extra clingy to C. I just worry about the whole Mommy and Daddy are going to the hospital and Nana's going to stay with you and you won't get to see them for a while.

S:
Still growing. Still kicking and flailing away in Momma's tummy, much to her displeasure. Her due date is December 31st, so we're about 5 weeks away. It's been a lot different with her than M. I guess it's because the newness is gone. We didn't go to Bradley classes, so we're trying to bone up on that. We already, thankfully, have most of the things we need, so we're not out shopping. We kind of know what to expect as far as labor and delivery go and I think we'll be much more relaxed about getting to the hospital this time. But we're still both very excited about this new addition to our family, wondering who she's going to look like--Mommy, Daddy or M. Oh, and I've already called her M a couple of times. I'm not even 30 yet. I can't be doing roll call!!

C:
She's doing very good. She has been very blessed this time around in that all her symptoms are so much less than with M. Her main problem has been side pain. That and the whole getting up 10 times a night to pee thing. We're both really hoping that S will come before the 23rd or on the 31st so Dr. B-G can deliver her since she wasn't able to deliver M. Thank you ahead of time for all you who will bring us meals. That was a huge blessing when M came and we look forward to it again.
I couldn't be more proud of and thankful for her. She continues to amaze me with the energy she has to devote to me after a day full of M and cooking dinner almost every night. I am truly blessed with a great woman. Proverbs 31 has nothing on her.

I'm sure I missed something, but I'm sure it'll come to me. Not that I'll have time to post.

Take care and God bless.

No comments: