Football Bowl Subdivision.
Football Championship Subdivision.
What does that crap mean? I think it was just another in the long line of "I'm Keith Hernandez!" moments by the NCAA.
Do you remember that failed two-year experiment with March Madness where they went by the pod names instead of the regional monikers and had everyone confused? Don't give me the East Rutherford Regional. Give me the East Regional. Those things had history. Thankfully Miles Brand and his blowhard minions came to their senses and corrected things.
Here is one man's plea for sanity. Give us back D 1-A and D 1-AA. Those make sense. Don't change things just for the sake of change. That's just stupid.
I will never, NEVER use the terms FBS or FCS as descriptors in this space. Appy State is D 1-AA and LSU is 1-A. Too bad their history had to have inane acronyms associated with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment