Saturday, October 11, 2008

Birthday Week

As you may have heard, I turned 30 on Friday.

But the festivities began before that. Wednesday night, Nana came over to babysit and me and the missus went to Outback for my birthday dinner. I guess they jacked up their prices to pay for all their new place settings, because that was stupid expensive. I'm not going back there again for a long, long time unless someone buys for me.

Thursday night we watched Grey's Anatomy after the girls went to bed. Wow. This show is entering the last season of Alias territory. It's getting just silly with some of the "plot" lines and there's way too much sexuality.

Friday morning, Babe made some chocolate chip oatmeal muffins for breakfast. I had a nice cool ride into work. The day started very well when a major test I run ran completely and all specs were met. Then at the end of the day, I was working on an important special project and I noticed that two analytes were missing at the very end. Thank goodness we hadn't submitted the results yet, or we would've definitely failed. I had another similar project that we submitted on Thursday and passed with flying colors. I got congrats all around, which was a great compliment after having won the Star Award for Q2 last week.

But tragedy struck the C-Fam when Munchkin came down with a fever yesterday. Babe was devastated because she'd planned a surprise party for me to have friends come over to watch the game with me. Munchkin was devastated too. When she woke up this morning, she told me she was sorry that she was sick and my friends couldn't come over. I felt so bad for her. It's not her fault someone brought their germy kid to wherever it was she caught the bug.

Did I mention a game? HOOK 'EM HORNS!!
What a game. I know my Sooner coworkers, the P brothers, are going to harp on the officiating with those two personal fouls that got called against them. My retort? What about the no-call holding penalty on their first drive on third down. When someone is running one way and a split second later is going the other way, there's really only one explanation, right? The best part? When Jordan Shipley caught a slant pass and Quan Cosby came back and absolutely lit up the defender. It was fun watching the replay, especially in slo-mo, where #11 gets decleated. I mean, that's gotta be the highlight of his day, right? I can't imagine anything more fun for a wide receiver than doling out the punishment.

It's been a great week. I would be remiss, however, to not mention the fun Babe had prepared for me when I got home on Friday after work. She had mentioned it before I left for work: a treasure hunt when I got home. It was 30 things she and the girls love about daddy. I'll leave you with some of the highlights:

#1: "Your strong arms. I love that you still pick me up and carry me around some times." - Babe
#9: "The way you spend time with our family..." - Babe
#13: "The way we snuggle on the couch..." - Munchkin
#15: "When we do 'froggy' after bath." - Munchkin
#21: "How you give us Eskimo kisses." - Tiny One
"29: "The way you give the best bear hugs when I run to you after you get home from work." - Tiny One

Thanks so much Babe for all the thought you put into celebrating my birthday. You're the best!

No comments: