Wednesday, August 25, 2004

God does some crazy things

So I was hanging out with my brother-in-law the other day and we were talking. He thanked me for a letter I'd written. I was perplexed because I couldn't remember writing him a letter in some time. He said it was an email about dealing with anger that I'd written two years ago. I had been really struggling with anger at that time. I knew I had a problem, but I didn't deal with it until my marriage was suffering. I busted out my concordance and began looking for Scripture about anger. I confessed my sin to my wife and to family and friends and had them pray for me. God has blessed me and my marriage since that time. And He continues to bless. I can't tell you how wonderful it is when God has used something in your own life to reach others around you. So, if you've gone through some tough spots, maybe you're not proud of things you've done in your past, remember, not only can God forgive you, He will can also use what you've been through to be a counsel, a hope and an enouragement to others. That's what gets me excited about this Christian life.

No comments: