Sorry I haven't written for a while. I've been busy at work and it's better that I don't use company time to blog. And we've been going places and seeing people most evenings, so we get home and it's time to go to bed. I'll make a more concerted effort to keep you updated. So, on with the news...
M Joy. We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are having a girl. It's so much better knowing, and even if there was a mistake, which we highly doubt, it's nice to call her by her name, even using the pronoun her instead of it. C has been feeling her move around for quite some time now, but I couldn't feel her moving inside C. Well, about a week ago I felt her kick for the first time. It's quite amazing. Now I can watch C's belly bounce whenever she throws an elbow or a knee or foot. M and C are both growing faster now. It's amazing how many people at church don't know. This lady we do nursery with every month didn't know until today, and that's really only because C has only recently started wearing maternity shirts that show off that magnificent tummy. It's wonderful to be able to see her body grow and how beautiful she looks. Matt LeBlanc, known to most people as Joey on Friends, said of his wife that "A pregnant woman is a beautiful thing." And I say Amen. Just watching her interact with M is fun to see. I can't wait till I can see her. She won't be short on love.
Also, God continues to provide so substantially for M and us, even though we're still four months away. A mother of one of her former students who has already given us several furniture items, let C loose on a few Rubbermaids full of baby clothes. It was like Christmas! I came home and she was beaming, not able to wait to show me everything she'd gotten, including a few cute outfits. And I apologize, but the cute meter is about to be overloaded, because everything is so tiny and cute. I used to tease C that "Inanimate objects can't be cute." Part of me was trying to play devil's advocate to her overutilization of the 'c' word. But there are these little purple suede shoes that can't even be three inches long. And everything's little too. Sorry, but that's the way it is with infants.
And hey, she's quite the outdoorswoman already. She went on her first camping trip this weekend. She did well, and even kicked a little bit for our friends to see. She's our little circus monkey. Instead of jumping through hoops, she's kicking on command. Just wait for C to relax a few minutes, and she wakes up as if cued by an invisible Inky Mendez.
Well, I must be off to bed. Busy week ahead and I need my rest. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment