What an incredible two weeks it's been.
Some of M's latest words that I've been working with her on: Honey, Dude and Two. She's been saying Honey quite a bit, but it all started after a long day of work. I plopped down on the floor and she plopped down on me and I said "I love you Honey" and she very cutely replied "Huh-nee!" Dude and Two are cute because she makes duck lips while saying them.
She must be growing because she's been eating/drinking and sleeping a lot this past week. I was noticing last night how long her little legs are.
Things continue to be crazy around here. After getting another obscene electric bill from TxU, we asked the neighbor across the street who we know does AC work and he came over and took a look at things. It took him an hour and a significant amount of our money, but things are much better now, especially in our room, which usually runs 5-10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house.
And my car was leaking gas. And it's got a wobble. I mean face it, it's 13 years old, it has no AC as of two years ago, the radio doesn't work. It's on it's last legs. I'll drive it till it won't go no more.
And C called me Wednesday morning to ask my help in changing a tire on the good car. It has a nice kiwi-sized hole in it. [Editor's note: It apparently was closer to orange-size than kiwi-size; that is, if we're using fruit as an analogy.] Thankfully, however, she was able to navigate her way to the side safely and was only 5 minutes away from work. We decided new tires wouldn't be such a bad idea.
All this to say that, without Christ and His perspective on money, we would probably be in worse moods right now, with God and with each other, especially since I have a tendency to get frustrated easily. We still are well in the black, but it was just one thing after another and it was really getting to me at times. But He is our Provider and He is sovereign.
Oh yeah, the knee. Well, it's been doing okay. The doc said the MRI showed a partial tear of the PCL, but it's in the right cavity and feels tighter than the first time he saw me. He doesn't consider reconstructive surgery an option since it looks so good, but I'll need to lay off it so that it can heal properly.
Work's been fine. A bunch of OOSes on some compounds that should've been run by HPLC, but the batch records weren't updated, which would've saved a LOT of work on my part. However, today was a little slower, so I was able to finish writing a procedure and three analytical methods.
We also said goodbye to Tío & Tía. They're headed back to Spain, particularly Malaga, to reach out spiritually to the students at the university through Campus Crusade for Christ's Agapé ministry. I know C will especially miss the friendship and sisterhood she experienced with Tía this year. We love y'all!
R
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment