So, last week was crazy with work, but this week was crazy for different reasons.
Let's recap:
At work, I gave myself two titles:
Director of GC and GCMS Services, which is quite an accurate descriptor and it has a nice ring to it. I didn't want to say President because there are others in the lab that are more tenured and I didn't want to step on any toes.
Second, I dubbed myself Chief Morale Officer. This one got a lot of laughs, which fits right in with the name. I like to make people laugh and we have a pretty good time. We try not to take ourselves too seriously or we'll get too worked up over silly stuff that can stress you out. By the way, if you go to the profile and scroll to the bottom of the page, I'm the devilishly handsome fellow on the back row in the blue shirt and yellow tie.
Wednesday, we went to find out if M was having a baby brother or sister. Now, M took her dear sweet time before we poked and prodded her into moving her legs. This little one, however, only took 5 minutes after the sono tech was done with all the measurements. She was rambling on about "there's the feet...and the thigh...and here's the girl parts...and" Wait a minute! Girl parts? We were totally expecting a boy since C's symptoms were so different. But after the shock and mild disappointment wore off, we are very excited about our perfect little girl. So, your next question is obviously, do we have a name? Yes and no. Yes on the middle name, but no on the first. We're still working the kinks out.
We got ants. Not just any ants, fireants. Coming into the house. At multiple points. So we--we being C--called around and got somebody to come out Thursday afternoon and treat the house. We spent Thursday night killing hundreds of ants that had been creeping in through our closet and onto my clothes. Not good times friends; not good times.
Friday morning at work I posited to a coworker that maybe God was giving us fireants so that we could find something else wrong before it got much bigger. Well, since we had so many ants in the closet, the exterminator came out again Friday afternoon and, while he was spraying around the hot water heater, found that it was leaking. So, while we were less than happy about shelling out some more dough to fix the hot water heater, we're glad we caught it before it got much worse.
And in other news, M hasn't really been sleeping all that well. She's teething, which I'm sure doesn't help. Last night she was awake for 2.5 hours. C was very kind and allowed me to sleep in this morning. Thanks babe!
In still other news, FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! Woo-hoo! It's been a long seven months. Just as long as I spend as much time with my girls as I do in front of the tube, I think we'll be alright.
Take it easy and have a great week at work, whether it's in a building or at home.
R
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment