Friday, June 22, 2007

The Week in Review

I think we'll go in reverse order.

The FDA showed up yesterday. There's been a quiet uneasiness in the air. The auditor found at least one thing today, but it was something we caught several months ago and fixed ourselves, but there was still a lot of tension. Our QA staff deserves a nice long break after this. And so does our CEO. Not that she'll take any break since she lives and breathes our company. And I know this will sound weird, but it just didn't feel like Friday to me. Perhaps it's because the auditor was supposed to come on Tuesday, but had to postpone. It was just an odd week at work.

My buddy Mike (a.k.a. Sarge) was in town and he came by to hang out last night. It was good to catch up. That's one of the amazing things about having soul bonds with other men. Even though we haven't seen each other in at least two years, we can be real with each other like it was back in college. He enjoyed seeing us and the girls and I hope he left encouraged in the Lord.

Uncle N came down on Wednesday since he had some red tape to work through with the state regarding his doctor's license. Thankfully he brought his dogs CJ and Abby. Last weekend M was dialing on her play phone and one time said "Hi Uncle N. How are your doggies doing?" I think he enjoyed loving on his nieces. And M enjoyed loving on CJ and Abby. The funny thing is that she isn't big enough, so she still runs away when they come to give her kisses.



The biggest news this week is that M is potty training. She started off getting it down half the time, but the last three days she's only had one accident. So she's having a lot of colored marshmallows for her success. She has been close for a while, but hasn't been really into it until this week. C has done a great job with her and I know she's a little relieved that we're finally getting to this point.

Sadie has had a silly week. She's been making a bunch of funny faces and grunting a lot. I'll let you check out C's blog for most of those photos, but I had to show you that my daughter has learned the air guitar.

That's it for me tonight. We'll hopefully get some good sleep in. We've been crazy and haven't gone to bed before 10:30 most nights this week.

It's supposed to be another rainy weekend here in Round Rock. I wish that God would space it out a little bit, but I'm not complaining. I'd much rather have to cut my grass once a week than have to water it every couple of days so it doesn't die.

Stay dry.

No comments: