Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Daddy Drudgery

The part I hate about being a dad is when I get home, after the initial embrace to welcome me.

Since M is a terrible two, many nights the first thing she hears from me is "don't do this. don't do that." That galls me. It's not that I want her to like me, which I do, but I don't want her to associate Daddy coming with her being disciplined. But it needs to be done because C is either cooking dinner or having S hanging off her or both. And when S is by herself, she's never really by herself, because M is all up in her grill. So I have to tell her no, give Sadie some space.

But I have to remember that this is just a phase and it will pass in time. It's just no fun coming home and having to put her in time out or other punishment when I just want to snuggle with my beautiful girls.

No comments: