Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March Madness

I know it's been a while since I've last posted, but I didn't quite expect March 2. Things have been very busy at work and home since our 6th Anniversary.

Work hasn't really had any letup for these past three weeks, except maybe one day a week where I can come up for air. Things don't look like they're going to let up any time soon. I have to start a method validation on a certain raw material and it needs to be wrapped up before the end of April. Oh yeah, I have to do it on top of everything else that comes in. Caution: Rant Alert!! I am having the hardest time getting GCMS#2 to work right now. It won't pass a tune and I'm not sure what to do to get it to pass. I'm thinking about pulling on Office Space on it next week if it doesn't shape up. That or call our service contractor.

If you haven't heard, S got her cast off a week ago and the last few days she has been motoring. Everything clicked on Sunday night and she just started toddling around. It's so much fun to watch her amble around the house and hear the pitter-patter of those cute little feet.

M turns 3 on Good Friday. It doesn't seem like that long ago we brought her home from the hospital with her little conehead. While she's grown a lot, she's also gotten a little too big for her britches lately. She has developed an attitude that doesn't sit well with us. But she is still doing so well with a lot of things. I have to keep reminding myself that she is not an adult, even though she acts like one a lot of times.

C has been very busy lately. The girls' nap schedules have not overlapped much, so she hasn't been able to get much done around the house. And there's the new venture, a mission trip in June to Spain and Turkey to encourage some of Grace's missionaries, that we hope to raise support for. Since we both have full-time jobs, it's been hard to get everything done. She's done a fantastic job as much of the onus has fallen on her since she does have a little more downtime than I do.

So, there is this basketball tournament that starts tomorrow. Well, it technically started Tuesday night with a play-in game, but the real madness begins tomorrow. I think my bracket is already busted. I filled out 4 brackets on ESPN, including one I've dubbed my Formula Bracket. I am walking a very fine line between nerd and geek here lately with my spreadsheets to determine rankings. I want to see how it does compared to my gut instincts. I'll post the results later. I'll give you a couple of picks to get you started. The formula picks #15UMBC over #2Georgetown and #10Davidson over #7Gonzaga, which is the "sexy" upset pick. If everyone thinks it'll happen, is it really an upset? Whatever happens, I'm just happy they went back to the old East, West, South, Southwest for the region names. None of this pod business. At least the NCAA came to their senses.

No comments: