Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crimson and Creamed

That game was competitive for all of a nanosecond. Oklahoma asserted its dominance on both sides of the ball and it was a rout like none I've seen in a long time.

I loved the decision by Stoops to go for the onside kick after being up 28-0 in the second quarter. He went for the jugular. You get it back and most likely score another TD and it's 35-0. If not, your D holds them and gets the ball back. Our neighbors were here and I said "I'm calling it. Time of death: Second quarter, 7:45 remaining."

What does this mean for the Longhorns? In the words of the immortal Jim Mora, Sr.: "Diddly-poo". Here's how it was going to play out:
1. Tech wins and goes to the Big XII Championship Game.
2. OU wins, but loses to OSU in the Bedlam Game next week, giving Tech the Big XII South title, assuming they beat Baylor.
3. OU wins against both Tech and OSU and jumps us in the BCS rankings to claim the Big XII South.

So I wasn't really rooting for either team. I just think OU will give the Florida-'Bama winner a better game. The way I see it playing out is Florida-OU in the BCS Championship Game with Florida winning their second title in three years, with the score roughly 55-35. There's gonna be a lot of points on the board. What OU will need to do is run straight at the Gators. There's just too much speed to try to bounce it outside. And on D, they need to hold contain, which will be hard to do with the track team that disguises itself as the Florida offense.

You heard it here first.

Oh, and maybe I'll put the time in to post my Rankings. The past few weeks at work haven't been conducive to the Rankings, let alone the consistent Monday-Wednesday night commitments.

No comments: