Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Reaction

So, as a parent, the days of sitting down to watch a full game are well done and gone.

The play that many talking heads are touting as the greatest play in Super Bowl history (probably), and even all of sporting history! is what I'm going to rant on.

Great play by James Harrison, including the high-stepping routine down the sideline. Deion Sanders would be proud.

HOWEVER!!!! that was a poor play call. I put that on the offensive coordinator. Does he have Greg Davis as his special counsel? YOU'VE GOT LARRY FREAKING FITZGERALD! HE LOVES THE BALL AND THE BALL LOVES HIM! HE IS THE JUMP-BALL KING! I throw at least two fades to him. At the very least, vary the snap count! Imagine if they gave the hard count on that ill-fated play? Guess what? Arizona football at the half-yard line. Think about if they started the play with the motion left and Warner swivels around and boots to the right to have a tight end pulling across the grain? So many options. Especially since there's not much room for the defense to patrol, you don't want to have a short pass. Everybody's coming forward.

Oh well.

Great game. Congrats to the Steelers. I know my manager is a happy woman.

No comments: