Ouch. I took a beating last week.
2-3 in the Big XII and 6-3 in the National Games, dropping my records to 42-7 and 24-6, respectively.
Time for a bounce-back.
Big XII:
Nebraska over K-State, but not by a wide margin. I'm thinking 24-14.
OSU pounding ULaLa
Dare I say Baylor over Tech? I dare!
Arkansas over A&M 35-14.
Mizzou over the did-the-fans-really-tear-down-the-goalposts-after-beating-a-1-and-4-team?CU Buffs.
Utah over Iowa State.
And last, Bye Week over Texas 21-20. Seriously? I'm encouraged that there's still some fight left in the dog, but we can't keep killing ourselves with stupid penalties and muffed punts. And get DJ Monroe and Marquise Goodwin in the game more. I don't care if they don't know the offense. Catch ball. Run fast. Not that hard. And why can't the receivers run their routes past the sticks? If it's fourth-and-five, don't run a 4-yard square-in John Chiles! I'm calling out receivers coach Bobby Kennedy. Greg Davis will need a moving buddy.
As for the National Games:
Ohio State in a squeaker over Indiana. Part of me wants to call the upset here, but the game is in the Horseshoe, so I'll give the Buckeyes the benefit of the doubt.
'Bama all over South Carolina
Oregon hangs 65 on Wazzu
Arizona over Oregon State
Florida over the Bayou Bungals in The Swamp 21-13.
Stanford over USC
Miami over Florida State
And the toughest game to pick: #17 Michigan State versus #18 Michigan in The Big House. It's going to be another who-has-the-ball-last kind of game. Part of me really likes Sparty, but the Denard Robinson Experience has been unstoppable as long as he stays in the game, which might be a concern with the MSU linebackers. If Robinson was just a runner, I'd give the edge to the boys in green, but he is an efficient little passer. For this reason, I'm going with the Maize and Blue in a 45-42 shootout. Whither Big Ten defenses?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When Ohio State pulps Indiana by 40, are you going to give yourself credit for getting it right? Because you really shouldn't.
Since the bloggers at ESPN.com give themselves the W, then I will too. Besides, I don't think your outcome will happen. If it does, I will give you a pat on the back. BTW, where's your picks column?
Your record demonstrates why I don't have a picks column. Picking without a spread is way too easy, and with a spread is a crapshoot. I'm not sure how you can tell if you're doing well or not. 40 was obviously a bit of an exaggeration, but if it's under 20 I'd be shocked. Just for you I'll predict 45-17.
Indiana hasn't faced a D like OSU's, but OSU hasn't faced an offense like Indiana's. So I'll put it OSU 34 - IU 27.
Post a Comment