Saturday, July 01, 2006

Forget Me Not

So, M is just over 15 months old and it's getting hard to remember some of the things that she did when she was little. So here's a small list of some of those things:

I want to still be able to remember her "machine gun laugh" ten, twenty years down the road.
I want to recall all those silly faces she makes.
Her little square pouty lip whenever she bonked or didn't get her way.
The guilty way she ran away when Momma asked her "Whatareyoudoin?!" because she got caught getting into her night stand.
The hours spent rolling around on our bed.
Those precious moments when C was tickling her and they would laugh together for minutes on end.
All these mornings when we get her out of bed and she runs around her crib and flops like a rag doll.
The animal sounds she makes (dog, cat, elephant, cow).
All the signs that she doesn't do exactly right but we know what she wants anyway.
The wonderful snuggles when she's tired.
The slobbery kisses she gives.
How she always liked to bite my nose.
The look in her eyes when I'm wearing something that she's looking for, like "Heeeeyyy, wait a minute!"
Her concentration face when she's playing with one of the Metrushka dolls.
The way she likes to "Rock, Rock" on her horse or the Harley from Uncle N.
How she would giggle at her funny Tío.
The times that she chases after her best friend Chickpea whenever church is done, and especially the time she bear-hugged Tate from behind and ended up toppling over.
All those cute positions that she's sleeping in when Mommy and I check in on her each night.

Thankfully we've captured a lot of those memories on film or video. But there's a lot of times that we didn't have the camera ready.

I love you cutie pie. Thanks for all the fun memories. I look forward to all the many more we'll have together.

Daddy

No comments: