C and I have gone toe-to-toe about what a locust is.
I have always called those noisy little critters that leave their brown shells on everything locusts.
C has advised me that these are in fact cicadas.
I have remained firmly entrenched in the locust contingent.
But she recently called me out about the fact that even though that's what I've called it all my life, that doesn't necessarily mean I am correct. It is not a matter of opinion, but of fact.
Today I finally did a little search and saw what Wikipedia says about cicadas: "Cicadas are sometimes called 'locusts', although they are unrelated to true locusts, which are a kind of grasshopper."
And so I bow my head in defeat, proclaiming to the world that my wife bested me in this scientific debate. Congratulations Babe. You were right and I was wrong.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drown my sorrows in a sea of homemade peanut butter cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment