One of the things that I enjoy is during suppertime when S is eating her sweet potatoes or carrots, and she just stares at me. It's kind of a blank stare. She's not smiling. She's not pouting. Just looking me in the eyes, as if to make sure that I'm still watching her. Those beautiful blue eyes peering into mine.
No work for a week! Hurray! It's going to be nice having the week off from work. I know you'll think I'm nuts, but, probably around Saturday I'll be ready to come back and get back into the swing of things. It has nothing to do with the arduous journey back home. I like that structure. That routine. And my friends at work. My boss, Jefe, was out this week with a vacation of his own, and it'll make it two weeks without seeing him. That and there's that Spades game the four of us have to finish. Both teams sit at 480, with 7 bags. It was a good back-and-forther.
Yes, the trip to Nebraska is finally upon us. The goal is to leave tomorrow by 8AM. You're probably wondering to yourself, "R, what are you doing up at 11:15 if you want to leave at 8?" All that last minute packing. We probably would've already been in bed had it not been for that pesky Fernando Ortega concert we were at. I'd say the race for the most angelic voice is neck-and-neck between him and Andrea Bocelli. Not only was he great to hear in person, he was quite humorous, with the concert being like a big family reunion he happened to be playing at.
So, a long day ahead of us tomorrow, with at least 12 hours in the car. Please pray for all of us. A special thanks to TW for allowing us to borrow their portable DVD player. I'm sure it will be a life-saver. Or two.
See you next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment