Another busy week at work and there are definitely no signs of letting up. We've got all our positions filled and I like how the group is working together as a team helping each other out. I had instrument issues, which wouldn't be a problem if we had more than one ECD. The Agilent rep came out and replaced everything but the actual cell before he got it to work. I told him that I don't do anything half way. It's either really good or really bad.
Just when S was starting to get a hang of this walking thing, she up and breaks her little leg. That's right. Check out C's post about it. She's getting a better feel for crawling around with her cast, but walking won't really be an option for the next six weeks. Hopefully she's got her daddy's quick-healing genes and can get 'er done in four. She has been learning a lot more signs and shouts "A-Da" when she sees a dog. She's getting better at putting her cup on the table instead of pushing it on the floor. One of the signs she's mastering is "No", which she does whenever she passes the things she knows she shouldn't get into. And while she has been learning signs, she still has a hard time communicating, except for the not-so-occasional yells that mean more or all done. It doesn't change volume or intonation, so it's guesswork at best.
M is enjoying her 'nastics. Each Tuesday night (thanks Gramma) she goes to a gym owned by C's former boss for 45 minutes of a toddler class to get some running and jumping energy out of her. She has a lot of fun and finds a lot of time to practice her forward rolls. S will stick her head in the ground and hiney up in the air to signal us that she's ready to roll too. M's favorite video right now is Cinderella. Nary a day goes by that she isn't asking for it. She's had a lot of fun lately making cards for friends and their new siblings. She even made a card for S that said "Get well better." Tonight we were visiting some neighbors to show off S's cast and M was skipping and hopping down the sidewalk. She informed C that she was "hippin and hoppin." After she was all done with her dinner tonight she told me that she wanted some of our garlic bread. I reminded her that she said her tummy was full. Her reply: "But my tummy is hungry for bread." Gotta love those moments.
Did you catch the name of that truck that hit me? Something blew in Sunday night and just wrecked my allergies. I've been alternately stuffy and runny with a little sinus headache thrown in for good measure.
National Signing Day was yesterday and, although Texas didn't make out like bandits like they usually do, they filled all their needs except running back. However, I'm definitely excited to see what Vondrell McGee can do. Now if Colt can just halve his INT total from last year, I think we're headed for a 9-10 win season. It won't be easy, but we've got a shot.
NCAA Tourney time is just around the corner. Texas is rounding into form with a clutch win over Baylor and a demolition of OU in Norman. I worry about our team .683% from the charity stripe as well as the fact that our starting center averages as many rebounds as our guards. That and Rick Barnes is coaching. Has anyone ever seen coach Brown & coach Barnes in the same room together? Does coach Barnes put on a voice-modifier and a weight-suit during football season? Sorry. I'll stop.
Our new auditorium had some more foundation poured this past week and it's exciting to see the changes going on. It's cool to be a part of something that will change lives even after I'm dead and gone.
I think that 'bout covers it.
Until next time, God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment