Man. Another week in paradise.
Thankfully, C was able to schedule both of S's appointments for Monday morning. Yes, I said both. Not only did she need to get recasted, but she was NOT feeling good. Turns out she had an ear infection, a really bad one, that was giving her fits when she was lying on it at nap and bedtime. So, she's doing good in her new cast--and staying in it thanks to a bit more bend at the knee--and the drugs are getting rid of her infection.
Every night has been a struggle to get M to stay in bed. We've even been trying to go to bed later than usual. But she gets out of bed at least thrice each night. Right now, she's still awake, even though we put her to bed 'round about 90 minutes ago. I'm very frustrated. Maybe because she's encroaching on the "us time" C and I get an ever smaller amount of each week.
I have been seeing spots in my left eye recently, so I went to get my vision checked yesterday. The tech was having me look through that thing where they can flip all these lenses and ask you which one is better while you try to make out the letters. The bad news is that I'm a little near-sighted in my left eye. The good news is that the spots are probably because it's a little dry and not something bad like macular degeneration. I've always had exceptional eye-sight, but my parents and sister have worn glasses or contacts all their adult lives, with my sister beginning in her preteen years. It's almost as if 30 is taunting me, saying "Neener, neener, neener. This is what it's going to be like!"
Work has been at a good pace this week all things considered. I was able to pump out two backordered standards last night; this after months of investigation as to why such very similar compounds could be so far apart upon assay. We have a huge packaging job that has taken over our formulations lab and is now spilling over into QC as we check their work. It's fairly easy to do, but it's monotonous and there are almost 200 boxes to check. Thankfully, I have a couple of helping hands that are knocking it out slowly over the last three days.
As some of you may know, today was Valentine's Day--or as some call it, Singles Awareness Day (SAD, how cute). I actually didn't bungle it this year. I remembered both the card and the flowers. It's pretty poor that I've set the bar so low, but I'm not a gifts person. I'm working on it though. Thanks for hangin' in there hon. I'll get it one of these days.
Time to get some shut-eye.
G'night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment