Caution: If you've eaten recently or are not sitting down, come back when you're ready.
To get my beloved's take, click here.
These pictures are at the behest of the Zookeeper.
These are directly after the accident and before I cleaned up.
Please note: I understand that hairy legs aren't necessarily attractive, so adding the blood and subtracting some skin does not help at all.

Scraped nose and a bloody, but not busted, lip

Bloody elbow
Road rash on the right shoulder
Back of the left leg. I don't know where the flesh went. But I do miss it.
Front of left leg. The darker spots are some loose gravel from where the city has been repaving perfectly fine roads around our neighborhood. Something about beautification/upkeep.
All in all, not too bad. A lot of people have asked how my bike fared. The bike shop said it'd be about $65 to fix it. That sounds pretty cheap right? THAT'S BECAUSE MY LEFT LEG CUSHIONED THE BLOW!
The wheels looked okay. The only things that needed replaced were the quick-release mechanism and chain assembly on the back wheel. And the handlebars needed a little tweaking.
Yeah. But you should see the truck. Totalled the poor guy's Ram.
In all seriousness, though, I am very blessed to have walked away from this accident with what looks like only a sprained left knee and some road rash. PRAISE THE LORD!
1 comment:
thank you so much for the visual aid. We are glad that you are okay and just sore from this experience. I hope that you have learned not to play "chicken" with a vehicle when all you have is metal in between flesh and blood. LOL
Post a Comment