Tuesday, December 09, 2008

What a Woman!

I know that you know that my Bride is a wonderful woman. Not only is she a godly woman, but she is a great wife to me, an awesome mother to my children and a super friend and family member.

I also know that you know that, like most men, I married up.

And while that corny line "You complete me" remains as corny as ever, it also has quite a bit of truth in it. See, I've historically been a bad finisher. And although last year was "The Year of Follow-through" for me, I still have leaps and bounds to go. But as we heard this past Sunday, I'm not going to get fixed, I'm just going to get better. That's where my Bride comes in.

This weekend brought the enormous task of leaf-gathering at our house. You know that it can be a rather back-breaking go of it after a while. And it was. I was ready to throw in the towel, but my Babe just kept raking. This lesson isn't just for me anymore. It's for my girls. They need not just a Mommy, but a Daddy as well, that knows how to follow through and finish a task, no matter what the cost.

So thanks Babe for being God's instrument for change in my life and instruction for our girls.

I love you.

:o*

No comments: