Friday, December 19, 2008

Pet Peeves

At work, there are windows along the hallway and on the door.
Why is it that people don't knock?
They just stand there at the door or the window and stare at you.
I guess they just expect me to sense they are there.
Do they think I am Darth Vader? (I can feel him)
Do they think I have eyes in the side or back of my head? (Ever see that episode of Outer Limits with the nanobots? Creepy!)
It bugs me to death.
I think I'll just start ignoring those people.

And another thing...
There is a guy at work that texts while he's on the pot.
I'm in there doing my business and I here this clicking in the stall next to me.
Does that person know they're being texted to from the john?
ICK!

And while we're here...
I'm beginning to be that old guy. You know the type.
Just a few short years ago I was that young punk weaving in and out of traffic, nearly causing a wreck every ten miles.
Tonight there was some jerk in a Spider that would tool around for a bit and just for fun start dartin in and out just because he could with his little sports car.
The best part? We stopped in Hillsboro and the doofus was wearing a Santa hat with a sly grin on his mug.
You know what happened next...he has to prove he's cool by blowing us off the line. Yeah, dude. You're cool. You just whupped a dude in the family car. Here's your sign.

Well, that about does it. Time to get these tired old bones to bed.

No comments: