Friday, January 18, 2008

ROCKED IT OUT!

That's what I/we did at work this week. It was a doozy.

When I wrote last week I told of the winds of change that were sweeping through work and how Doc wants to do a reorg. My new job description as Supervisor is to manage the flow or our standards production as it comes into QC. I'm going to be overseeing the scheduling, data review and stability program for our reference standards. Maybe even more importantly, though, is that if there is an out-of-spec (OOS) result, it will be immediately sent my way so that I can make a quick assessment of the root cause and plan the next course of action. The reason being that, whenever we have our quarterly meetings, our CEO tends to point out QC's on-time percent as well as how long it takes to resolve an OOS. As you can imagine, they've been very poor the past two quarters. It's my job to change that. I don't know the exact numbers, but we churned out close to 15 standards this week, many of which were past due and a lot of which were (or close to) backorder. As our day wound down, Doc turned to me and said how good our log looks and that I did a good job.

I think our performance this week sets us up for an easier time next week. We only have a few standards in the lab now and there's only two max on an instrument, so we can focus on getting some extra tasks complete. I'm excited! I want to hear how much QC has improved in those two areas when we have our Q1 meeting.

Thanks for your prayers. Keep 'em coming. We have an audit Monday morning and a huge customer project that looms as a daily task for the next several weeks. Pray for staff cohesiveness, that everyone will settle into their new roles quickly, and that we will be able to find an experienced analyst to run NMR.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

I'm 'bout ready for some football.

R

No comments: