Wednesday, October 27, 2004

November Second

So, C and I voted this past Saturday, fulfilling our democratic, God-given opportunity/obligation. Of course I'd prefer Bush to win, but I'm not going to trumpet his cause here. Both candidates have their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, I support Bush's war on terrorism, including the regime change in Iraq, but I don't support how he has catered to big business as well as tax cuts that help the upper class more than middle & lower class families. What I want, nay even need, is for the election to be decidedly in the favor of one candidate, both in popular and electoral vote, with margins in each state no less than 20,000. I don't want any controversy. I don't want either party complaining about voter fraud or anything else. God knows who He wants in the White House. I don't, but I'm at least going to vote and I'll still pray for the President and his Cabinet, whoever it may be. I know this is a pivotal election. It will determine the course of the next twenty to forty years due to the retirements of four Supremes.
That's my two cents.
Have a nice day.

And may God bless America.

No comments: