Tuesday, September 04, 2007

En Vogue: Bush Bashing

It seems as though Hollywood has run out of ideas. Kabbalah isn't so hot now, so they have to do something with all that time on their hands.

The popular thing to do is take pot shots at our President. Michael Moore only inflamed the situation with Fahrenheit 9/11, which served as the soap box for the highly-paid pretenders.

Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon have been the chief stone-throwers, not unlike a duo named Sanballat and Tobiah. You'd think that maybe they have their sights on the White House in a few years with the vitriol they've been spewing these past few years.

Now come Richard Gere and Charlize Theron. Gere is quoted with the following: "What's interesting to me is how do the bad people among us end up our leaders?" Is that a statement or a question Richard? Worse, he equates President Bush's policies with being bad. He may have his incompetencies, but he is not morally corrupt. Mrs. Theron, who is a native South African fluent in Afrikaans, states "I think the thing that upset me most was the manipulation that our government did towards our people, manipulating them to believe that if they weren't for the war, they weren't patriotic." Sure, some decisions were hastily made with the lingering vendetta of Saddam's supposed assassination attempt on W's father with a war-mongering Cabinet. I don't remember receiving one of those leaflets. The men and women in uniform didn't knock on my door and brow-beat me into acquiescing to the war. I'm guessing they haven't heard all the good that has come of deposing the Saddam regime like more people getting electricity and running water, and more kids being able to go to school and other such atrocities.

Maybe it's that these folks in LA are on the Democratic payroll. It would make sense right? What better way to rock the vote than have your favorite actor or actress talking about how this country is in such a decline and what a poor job our current President is doing?

Or perhaps they're so used to people telling them what to say, it's easier not to think for themselves. They're rich, so why do they need to be fully informed to come to an accurate conclusion on the actual state of the Union.

My thinking is this: these folks are the exact thing they blame Christians and conservatives for--being close-minded. I heard that more times than I care to remember on campus. If I'm so close-minded, how can I believe that there is a God Who created the heavens and earth and all that is in them, and Who has been rather overt about His power? If I'm so close-minded, how can I believe that there is only one Way to Heaven and not just "do good" or whatever is right for me may not be right for you hogwash that gets floated these days. It's not "Hey, I'll do this Christian thing and if that isn't the right way, then I've been a good person and that should work." It's all or nothing with Jesus the Christ.

Okay, I'm done. That sort of politicking gets my ire up because these people aren't informed.

Actually, one last shot.

Hey Tim & Susan. You aren't relevant anymore. There is a reason people aren't asking you to be in their movies. So be quiet and stop trying to invade my life with your hate-speech.

No comments: