Friday, September 07, 2007

The Week That Was

Gramma and Opa came over on Tuesday to visit. Everyone came to work to eat lunch with me. We had some yummy lasagna and some very tasty brownies that C made for dinner and dessert. Before they left, we went outside and played in the rain a little bit.

That's what woke us up Wednesday morning at 1:45AM. Well, not that lightning exactly, but pretty close to it. It crackled and lit the night sky around our house for a good 3-4 seconds. It killed our power for three hours, but at least it didn't wake up our slumbering tots. There was some pretty good thunder that came with it for the next half hour or so, but after it died down we were able to go back to sleep.

Last night after we ate dinner, S finally went down for her second nap of the day. I thought I'd give C some down time and take M out for a bike ride. After several minutes getting the trailer off C's bike and onto mine, we headed out. And 200 yards later we headed back so M could relieve herself. Back in the saddle again, we headed out. Now, M is quite talkative on these rides and so, when I didn't hear her talking even though I was pointing out doggies and flags and such, my interest was piqued. I turned around to see this:

C told me she didn't think M took a nap in the afternoon. I think I believe her. Poor little thing was just too tired, even though her head was bobbing up and down with the bumps in the road.

Today at work was very busy. We've had some product failures that we've been investigating and we had a meeting this morning to determine the root cause and what we can do to fix these products. That was an hour, and I spent about 3 hours in the afternoon wrapping up the paperwork so we can move forward with reworking them. We had a nice time playing at our neighbor J&K's pool tonight and, after baths, the girls sacked out pretty quick.

Tomorrow is flag football and then hanging out with the T's, which we're very looking forward to. Texas hosts TCU in what should be a close contest. Hook 'em Horns!

No comments: