Monday, November 05, 2007

RC Index Week 10

I was puzzled this week when I did my rankings, wondering why so many SEC teams were at the top. I took a look at my formula and noticed I forgot to use the $ to lock the cells before I copied and pasted. Now, it makes much more sense to me. Also, I've stopped doing my human filter of all unbeatens are on top. You're welcome. Also of note is that the only factor used in my formulae are Wins and Losses.

All season long I have been doing two separate formulas, but only posting one. So, from here on out, I'll post both indeces alongside the BCS Index for comparison. For the complete BCS standings, go here.


RC1




RC2




BCS
1 Ohio State 10 0 0.937
1 Ohio State 10 0 0.928
1 Ohio State
2 Kansas 9 0 0.911
2 LSU 8 1 0.915
2 LSU
3 LSU 8 1 0.908
3 Kansas 9 0 0.903
3 Oregon
4 Missouri 8 1 0.895
4 Oregon 8 1 0.896
4 Kansas
5 Connecticut 8 1 0.889
5 Missouri 8 1 0.884
5 Oklahoma
6 Oregon 8 1 0.888
6 WVU 7 1 0.881
6 Missouri
7 BC 8 1 0.876
7 Oklahoma 8 1 0.875
7 WVU
8 WVU 7 1 0.873
8 BC 8 1 0.866
8 BC
9 Oklahoma 8 1 0.868
9 Arizona St. 8 1 0.865
9 Arizona St.
10 Georgia 7 2 0.866
10 Connecticut 8 1 0.861
10 Georgia
11 Arizona St. 8 1 0.858
11 Georgia 7 2 0.854
11 Va. Tech
12 Michigan 8 2 0.855
12 Michigan 8 2 0.844
12 Michigan
13 Va. Tech 7 2 0.848
13 Texas 8 2 0.837
13 Connecticut
14 Hawaii 8 0 0.835
14 Va. Tech 7 2 0.836
14 Texas
15 Auburn 7 3 0.831
15 Virginia 8 2 0.835
15 Florida
16 Texas 8 2 0.830
16 Florida 6 3 0.833
16 Hawaii
17 Cincinnati 7 2 0.829
17 Cincinnati 7 2 0.819
17 USC
18 Virginia 8 2 0.827
17 Auburn 7 3 0.819
18 Auburn
19 Clemson 7 2 0.826
19 Clemson 7 2 0.816
19 Virginia
20 Florida 6 3 0.825
20 Hawaii 8 0 0.815
20 Boise State
21 Alabama 6 3 0.817
21 Tennessee 6 3 0.810
21 Clemson
22 Kentucky 6 3 0.816
22 Alabama 6 3 0.805
22 Alabama
22 Illinois 7 3 0.816
23 Kentucky 6 3 0.804
23 Penn State
24 Tennessee 6 3 0.802
23 Illinois 7 3 0.804
24 Tennessee
25 Boise State 8 1 0.800
25 Penn State 7 3 0.799
25 Kentucky

Not too bad as far as things go. I don't have Penn State, Boise State or USC in both rankings, but they aren't too far away: PSU & USC are 28 & 29 in RC1 and USC & Boise State are 26 & 27 in RC2. If you've seen USC play, I don't think you'd argue. In place of these teams are Cincinatti and Illinois, two pretty good football clubs.

So, for the remainder of the regular season I'll post in this format.

Have a great week.

R

No comments: