"Seriously, after being outcoached by a man who just finished four seasons of mediocrity at A&M, Mack oughta hang up his headseat and enjoy his retirement.
There is no excuse for losing to that school when we have significantly more talent. I know we've been ravaged by injuries on both sides of the ball, but they just wanted it more. Plain and simple.
That's another sad thing too, because we had a shot, if OU lost, to go to the Big XII Championship game and a BCS game if we won that. Now? San Antonio here we come.
Say Colt McCoy doesn't go all Rex Grossman on us, we don't have those special teams breakdowns against K-State and those momentum-killing turnovers against OU and played kinda like we had some cojones against A&M, then we'd be in the BCS title game picture! "
My buddy Tap chimed in with the following:
"What have you done for me lately....
Let's see, last 2 years, 19-6 (my guess is 19-7) with 11-5 in the Big XII
Start season in top 5, finish outside the top 12
1-3 vs OU/A&M in last 2 years
2-6 vs OU since 2000
Putting aside the National Title year....we have not beaten a top 10 team since 1999.
Lots of discipline issues
Doesn't look that great to me.... "
Knight Rider included this thought:
"I agree with both R and what Sgt. G told me on the phone after the game....Duane Akina is pretty bad. He is not a genius when it comes to defensive strategy. Mack Brown is way too loyal sometimes, and it appears that he will make no changes to his coaching staff. The only time change comes, is when they are offered head coaching jobs somewhere else and they leave."
Of course there were some dissenting opinions, but the season could've been so much more.
But hey, if that's the worst thing I had to deal with during the Thanksgiving holiday, it wasn't that bad.
I am very passionate about football and I'd like to try coaching at some point if I was financially set. I think I'd be fairly good at it. Anyhoo...
The Big XII Championship Game oughta be an awesome game.
No comments:
Post a Comment