Monday, November 05, 2007

Rumblin', Bumblin', Stumblin'

As a Texas alumnus, I follow the Detroit Lions a little bit closer since they have several former players on their roster (Roy Williams, Corey Redding, Shaun Rogers).

The ladies and I were visiting the Y family down in South Austin last night and during halftime of that game they were showing highlights of the early game action.

Go to this link and scroll to the 2:49 mark. Go here for the head-on view and the CBS commentary (it's a little grainy). Now, Shaun Rogers is listed at 340, but that was during his lean, mean days of training camp. He intercepts the pass, which is a feat in itself, and then lets his blockers clean up the would-be tacklers behind him. Well, Texas Ex Selvin Young eludes those gents and catches up to Rogers. Either he took a look at the Jumbotron or the fans were pointing behind him, but he turns and sees Selvin coming in for the tackle. In an awesome turn of events, Rogers puts a SICK stiff-arm on Young and throws him to the turf. He then goes for the Superman, but he realizes he hasn't planned that far in advance as to practice this move and sticks his leg out to prevent a belly-flop, nearly shattering his right leg in the process. You'll need to watch it a few times for the full effect. Just priceless.

Thanks for the memories Shaun. If I need a pick-me-up, I'll come runnin' to you.

No comments: