Monday, December 17, 2007

Chipmunks

Okay, so they're coming out with this new animated Alvin & The Chipmunks movie. I'm interested in it because I was a big fan back in the day. Notice how so many of the movies and toys coming out are themed around things when we were kids 20 years ago: Transformers, Care Bears, etc.

If you ever read or watched the stories about Alvin, Simon & Theodore, you know that half of the story is only one word long: AAAAAAAAAllllllllviiiiiinnnnn!!!! That's how I've been feeling with M the past week or so. Part of it is lack of good sleep. S has been waking up multiple times each night; we think she's teething. Part of it is our fault for not getting to bed early enough. And part of it is that she's 2.75 years old right now. She uses her whiny voice about 80% of the time and this drives me up the wall.

Have you ever had an extended period of time where, afterwards, you're just glad everyone survived. That's what we're going through right now. I had to go in to work last night and it was a good thing. C had a wedding shower to go to and I stayed home with the girls. S took a good long nap, which was great since she didn't take one at church. However, even after several yawns and I'm tireds, M would not take a nap. More importantly, she wouldn't be quiet in her room. And I told God when I was making my sammiches that I needed a nap and that I wouldn't be a good dad if I didn't get one. Now, was it a self-fulfilling prophecy or was it just knowing my weakness? M did good for an hour or so while I watched football to relax, but she turned to her whiny voice for the next two hours. I called C and told her I needed a break. When she got home she asked why M was in her room. It was so I didn't explode.

So, if you think of us, pray for patience and that M will stop using her whiny voice and use her sweet voice instead. Also pray for S to sleep through the night. That would be a big help. It just sets a bad tone for the next day.

No comments: