I know the weather was cold and rainy in the days following Thanksgiving, but it seems like most people haven't gotten things in gear when it comes to Christmas decorations. Now, C and I are rather minimalist in our approach to outside decorations. A simple outline of our house with white lights will do. No blow-up things or gawdy scenes. No candy canes or longhorns.
We were the only house on our block with lights for an entire week. Even the houses that usually do lights and junk for every, and I mean every, holiday hadn't made an attempt until this week. Today the "Motorcycle Santa Claus" finally showed up. We were on our way home from work and from her back seat M spotted the jolly biker and shouted "LOOK!!" with her face in amazed familiarity. Like her face was saying "SWEET!"
The dog-walker was even getting into the act tonight. But there are still so many houses that had opulent displays last year that haven't even started. To those folks I say "Get into gear." Our daughter expects more from you. She's waited a whole year for Christmas and you better not let her down.
Oh, and thanks for spending all your money on the inflatables and tons of lights. My wallet thanks you for not having your electric bill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment