Monday, December 03, 2007

The Sick House

Okay people. Let's review. What are the three acceptable places for you to go when you know you or your child is sick?

1. Your house
2. Your doctor
3. Your pharmacy

Notice that WORK and CHURCH are not on the list!!! Or any other place with healthy people.

Some cretin gave me strep throat this past week. I had a little sore throat on Thursday night but thought it was just allergies. Well, Friday night I had a splitting headache I couldn't get rid of. It came back on Saturday along with a little chill. That afternoon it was followed by a 100.3° fever. So I stayed home. That night I ate a pretty healthy dinner, so I rejoiced and told C that is wasn't the flu since I didn't lose my appetite.

Sunday afternoon C started having some aches and a sore throat, so she took a look at her throat and asked to see mine. I believe "Wow!" was her reaction. She's had strep enough times that she knew I had it and that I'd given it to her. So she called the ARC After-Hours Clinic, but they said they were booked solid for adults. However, the nurse mentioned that the CVS on Gattis School has a MinuteClinic and they could do the swabs and cultures for strep. She went in first and I stayed in the car with M who had fallen asleep in the car on the way over--she didn't bother to take her nap after she got home from church. Her swab wasn't positive. So it was my turn. The took a look and said that's the worst she's seen. She took a double swab--I didn't gag--and within a minute or two it was positive. So she ordered us up some prescriptions and we went on our way.

Thankfully we were able to get in and get the antibiotics, because C has a really bad time of it. Her achyness got worse by the hour. I went into work for an hour-and-a-half because there was some R&D work that needed to be done for our API group and I'm the only one trained to run it that is currently in the country.

Today we're feeling much better and looking forward to going to the Lamb of God concert at church tonight...after we've been on meds for 24+ hours.

No comments: