It's been a strange 24 hours.
Last night about this time, Papa came to deliver some presents. The thing is, we haven't seen Papa in a really long time. We were watching a movie and heard the leaves rustling in our doorway. I looked out the peep-hole to investigate and saw a man. I flicked on the lights and saw him run. I opened the door and saw him jump into his car and speed away. He's a guerilla grampa. So, after the adrenaline rush of fear, there came the sadness of longing for Papa to repent and be restored to the family. We love you Papa and are praying for you.
Then, at about 11:15, M woke up crying and said that she was hot and she was hurting. I'd be hot and hurting too if I was running a 101.5° fever. She was up until a quarter-till and S woke up at 6:15 with a low-grade fever as well. Ho Ho Ho.
C made some yummy cinnamon rolls and sticks for breakfast. I wouldn't mind that being a family Christmas tradition.
Since the girls were feverish, we didn't want to risk getting Mamá and Pop-Pop sick, so Nana came over for a little bit. We exchanged gifts with her and she went on her merry way.
We spent half the day making phone calls to family and friends wishing them well.
Then, this afternoon, we heard some bad news. A Christmas morning gone awry. Two girls went to wake up their parents for Christmas, but their daddy never woke up. Tragedy can't even begin to describe what they're going through. He is no longer in his broken body, but home with his Creator. Pray for the T family.
That helped put our Christmas in perspective. It also reminds me what a precious gift this breath of life I receive each second of every day is. I'm thankful that Christ died for my sins. For C's sins. And for M & S. I'm thankful that when He calls me home, I'll get to see BC. Be, therefore, watchmen. You never know when the Master will return home. Be a good steward of the talents He's given you.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
R
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment