Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanks For Coming. Now Git!

We went to Macaroni Grill tonight for dinner so that the gals could get out of the house. All that estrogen pent up in the house all day is not a good thing.

By the way, I have to brag on our girls. With very few exceptions, whenever we go out to a restaurant, they are very well behaved. M didn't take a nap again today, but was extremely well-behaved. She even ate a good portion of her chicken strips. I greased the wheels a bit by telling her they were BIIIIIGGGGG chicken nuggets. S just munched down on whatever C put in front of her and only toward the very end did she start to get a little fussy, but not much considering there was another tot making quite a bit of noise.

So, we've paid the tab and we head out to the car. I notice I forgot to grab the leftovers. Literally not even 30 seconds had passed during this time and they had already cleared our table and put a fresh slab of paper down. Our waiter had already tossed our bag of extras. C came out and gave me the bad news. Having been in the food service industry before, I knew I could be recompensed. I had half a Penne Rustica left for crying out loud! I spoke to a manager and he asked me if I wanted them to prep a new one. I said no, that a $5-$10 giftcard would do fine and he obliged.

As an efficiency nut, I applaud their expediency with which they operated, but just not on this occasion. It looks like we'll be making a return trip soon. Maybe I'll get to eat my whole dish next time.

No comments: