There have been a couple of people in our household's sphere of friends that have gotten pregnant out of wedlock recently.
And apparently Jamie Lynn Spears (age 16) is taking one for the team to get big sis Britney out of the headlines. She says, and I quote: "It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she says. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he." YOU SHOULDN'T BE SHOCKED WHEN YOU'RE HAVING SEX!!
This is what happens when our government decides that schools should teach safe sex and not abstinence. You have parents who shirk their responsibilities because the school is teaching this mularkey. And the schools are caught because they have a curriculum to follow that can only be changed through legislation and elections.
But hey, when you have an older sibling like Britney to emulate, what can you expect? The saddest part is that these young girls (I will not use the term lady or woman) are somehow role models to millions of little girls.
I have enough to worry about when thinking ahead to what my kids will have to face as they grow up, I don't need this kind of stuff to add onto that already long list.
So kids, whether you're in middle school or out of school, make the right choice for abstinence. The Bible talks in Genesis 2 about how Adam and Eve were naked and not ashamed. If you're naked, partially or fully, and you feel ashamed, stop what you're doing, because that is not God's design.
And parents, help your kids out by talking to them about the consequences they face, both emotionally and physically. Don't go out and buy them condoms because "They're just gonna do it anyway; they might as well be safe." That's a lie and you know it. What it is is neglect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment