Sunday, December 09, 2007

Random Thoughts

A lot of people in our neighborhood must've read my last post, because lots of Christmas lights were put up this weekend. Thanks folks. M is happy with your work.

C and I were watching The Amazing Race tonight. It's one of our favs, but we haven't caught it as consistently this season. There's this team of fairy goths (they wear pink) and the dude looks like Julia Roberts in the face. Sorry Julia. No offense.

The UT men's basketball team is 9-0 so far this year with two marquee victories over UCLA and the other UT (Tennessee). I'm excited to see how deep of a tourney run they'll make. Seth Davis has them in his final four. I think it's good for the kids to not have The Kevin Durant Show every few days. That must've been a circus last year. It looks like we have a serviceable big man and a bench deep enough to absorb fouls. I'm a little concerned that they're only attempting 15 free throws a game, which will hurt them in March if they're not as aggressive.

I got to play again for church today, the first time in over a year I think. Man I enjoyed the heck out of it. It was great seeing the little things that some of the musicians were doing that put the icing on the cake. A little four-note diddy by the pianist gave one song that extra something. I'm of the less-is-more ilk, so I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks Mike for giving me the call. Let's do it again sometime soon.

Tim Tebow won the Heisman, becoming the first underclassman to win the Downtown Athletic Club's trophy, which goes all the way back to Jay Berwanger in '35. Congrats kid. So let's recap. He shows up to Florida as a folk hero and, in backup change-of-pace duty, helps UF to a national title as a freshman. This year, under ginormous expectations, he leads the Gators to a respectable 9-3 record and actually exceeded the expectations. Incredible. If you haven't seen his acceptance speech, it's worth youtubing. That unexpected, exuberant rant that makes you appreciate that he's still just a kid. Good luck in your bowl game and with the rest of your career.

Winter's back. The cold front blasted through this afternoon, a little earlier than expected. Hopefully there will be pockets of no rain this week so the girls can get outside. I'm not sure I can cope with the pent-up energy they'll have everyday if they're couped up in the house.

Y'all have a great week.

No comments: